Welcome to my Blog!!!

Here I will share exclusive updates about various new projects that DA Designs will be working on and where we will be expanding our brand throughout the world.

Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Some Doodles...

So, since I'm trying to start writing and producing my Comic/Garphic Novel, I decided to do some little sketches for practice. I never practiced like I show have when I was younger to develop my art skills, as I wasn't really encouraged as a child to do this, so I'm really, really out of touch...REALLY!!

I'm really great at doing Fashion sketches with the elongated and exaggerated poses, but I've never attempted the comic style before...like ever. I only recently got into comics; reading them and trying to practice drawing the figures as a friend of mind kinda pushed me into that direction and it opened my mind into a whole new light.

But I decided to start practicing now, as they say it's never too late to start anything in this life.

I really started to buy comics after I was invited to do a fashion show at the Fanime-con  2010 event in San Jose, CA which my garments were specifically made to be inspired by comics, and my original ideals for my anime characters. I then came up with the ideal for the main character with which the clothes and the story was based on, and I'm a big comic movie buff; I'm a movie buff period, so I was all into the ideal that if I wrote this and had an amazing artist to collab with me on this, that maybe in the future it could be made into a movie.

I have some people that gave me lots of contacts for artist and publishers, but I wanted to have the story be completed before I get in touch with them and I needed to do ample research to make sure that this story would be something that people would die to read and look at. The art above anything else should be AMAZING! Then the story has to be captivating enough to hold the readers attention and make sense as well. I want the story to draw them into the character more than anything else.

I have photos of the garments and my attempted "doodles", BTW I don't consider my self a fine art artist or sketcher at all, I also cleaned these up a bit in photoshop, this is just me really playing around, so  i'm not really asking for any art critics. 
I just kinda used my favorite colors, red,white and black, Red Mostly, The last picture looks like a zombie or vampire, lol!




The collection was 13 pieces, so this is only a few shots of them, this shoot was so freakin' fun!! I won't tell you the name of the collection as it is also the title to my comic, so you'll just have to wait and see it once it's published, however long that will take.

1 comment:

  1. so give me run down of the back story again and let me see if I can help. They would be your ideas all the way, I would just put it on paper.

    ReplyDelete