Welcome to my Blog!!!

Here I will share exclusive updates about various new projects that DA Designs will be working on and where we will be expanding our brand throughout the world.

Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Selling to Dance Studios?....

So my husband's co-worker mentioned a suggestion to me via facebook about selling my designs to some Dance Studios since my designs sort of resemble Ballet/Dance clothing. I think it's a good ideal, but I really want my clothing to be looked at as ready to wear, even though my RTW is mainly focused on dresses and a few knit pants and jackets thrown in  here and there.

Overall, I might try it out and see what happens with that. I did a little research and that may be easier said than done, because most design studios sell their own merchandise. I really want my clothes to be looked at, as someone once call them, "Comfort-Couture". I don't really want it to be a literal translation of where the inspiration came from for the collection, which is dance. I also think the shoes on the model in the photo shoot also gives off this literal translation. 



My Dress on the left with model (who is a ballet dancer too) and a photo of a ballet dancer on the right.

But like she (the co-worker) mentioned, that might be my niche...

No comments:

Post a Comment